Friday, March 22, 2013

999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

Yes, I'm a little late on trying this out but, well, better late than never. I was itching to try Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward on my 3DS then I read an article somewhere in the internet (probably from Siliconera, but I’m not sure) that Zero Escape answers questions left hanging from 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons,Nine Doors.


wait for me... I'll finish 999 first ;)

 999 is a virtual novel with, what I thought, a battle royale theme: a game to the death, where the last one standing gets to leave. Much to my surprise: the plot needs all of them alive by the last door. Well, at least it is a survival game.

Here, you play as Junpei - your run-off-the-mill college student where you dictate his actions and choices that influences not just the ending but the story itself. 


999 has 6 possible endings, and I got the worst possible ending in my first play through: the coffin ending. The coffin ending has the same flags as the true ending except for one, you must have seen the safe ending to get the true ending else you'll get the dummy ending: the coffin ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment